Set Up Instructions:
Remove cutter from box. Loosen the bolt holding the Rest. Turn 90° with the short end on the side matching the diagram. Tighten the bolt using a hex socket key. 5mm key for NK3W & NK23U, 6mm key for NK34U
- Open the jaws by opening the handles fully.
- Insert the threaded rod to be cut into the jaws. (Make sure the threaded rod fits into the blade grooves.)
- Close the jaws so that they are in full contact with the threaded rod.
- Make the cut by closing the handles together firmly, in a smooth nonstop action. (The cutting action with the 3/8" & 3/8"-1/4" cutter is a two stage process to minimize the cutting pressure.)
- Open the handles and remove the cut pieces.
These cutters are designed to be used with carbon steel National Coarse threaded rod. 303 & 304L stainless and B7 alloy rod can also be cut but you will not get as long a blade life as with carbon steel.
- Make sure all the bolts stay tight.
- Keep the cutting surfaces free of filings and debris.
- Oil the moving parts as necessary.
- When the cutting blades have been reversed and both sides are worn out, replace with a set of new blades.